Newshour correspondent Paul Solman traveled to China in the summer of 2005 to produce a seven-part series on the Asian nation's rise as a global economic contender and America's anxiety that China will overtake the United States as a superpower in the 21st century.
- China's Growing Economy - China's powerful central government has created one of the most freewheeling economies in the world, set to overtake the United States in the next few decades.
- The Chinese Consumer - Paul Solman reports on Chinese consumers, from the mass market shoppers to those seeking high-end goods.
- The Cult of Mao Zedong - Nearly three decades after his death, the "Great Helmsman" is still nearly omnipresent in China.
- Misinvestment in China - This report looks at how misinvestment in China and government control of the banks and businesses affect the economy.
- Interview with Cheng Siwei - Paul Solman interviews Communist official Cheng Siwei, known as the "father of venture capital" in China.
- Piracy Explored - Paul Solman reports on piracy and the lack of safeguards for intellectual property in China.
- Bumps in the Road? - Paul Solman explores whether China can continue to grow at its incredible pace without political reform.