Following the 2008 Tibet Unrest, China's official international broadcaster, CCTV-9, began airing a series of documentaries about Tibet. The spin was that China's role in Tibet has been positive and that it has resulted in economic development and the abolition of the traditional system of serfdom.
No matter which side of the line you stand on the Tibet issue, these documentaries offer an insight into the official Chinese line and the art of producing propaganda documentaries.
Time of Reform - 50 Years of Democratic Reform of Tibet
- The Road to Prosperity - 50 Years of Democratic Reform in Tibet
- Striding Through History - 50 Years of Democratic Reform of Tibet
- This is Tibet: Human rights in old Tibet
- Qinghai-Tibet Railroad - Living in the Clouds
- Foreigners Witness Lhasa Riot